Our view

Our view

Monday, October 6, 2014

The Crafty Cottage Is Done!

After a month of working on the Crafty Cottage we have finished! We can now start bringing in the furniture and start setting up my craft room. The only thing left as far is the constuction side is waiting for the electric to get approved so the electricity can be turned on. Once that is complete I will begin moving my supplies in. This has been a great project for Tim and I to work on together. It was definately a joint effort and the results were great. The interior of the cottage is beautiful and I cannot wait to complete the move for several reasons. The first one being I will have my own space to have all of my "stuff" out and not have to figure out when I can do something or how much mess it will make. For the last four years I have had to contain my "mess" while working but once I am in the Crafty Cottage I will have use of everything I may need with out having to figure out where to put it. This could be dangerous because now I can have more than one project going on at a time. Yikes! The second important reason, I will be opening up a ton of storage space in the RV once my craft stuff in moved out! There is more reasons but I won't bore you with them now. Yesterday, as Tim was finishing up some touch up painting, I cleaned the four pieces of furniture that Lisa and George have donated to the Crafty Cottage. As mentioned several times, the cabin that George had purchased and took apart came fully furnished so he let me have a few pieces of furniture he did not want but would work for me in the cottage. The most important pieces is the two DVD storage units he gave me which will work perfectly for storing all of my Stampin Up stamp sets. After I cleaned and changed some things on the units Tim and I stacked the two units on top of eachother to create one big storage cabinet. It is perfect and the shelves that have a door on them will be a perfect place to put pictures of my beautiful Rory. I cleaned all the furniture with Murphy's Oil soap, great stuff, and them moved them into the cottage. Today we are headed to Morristown to the Home Depot to pick up a work bench that will be perfect for a working surface in the cottage. My desk will be a table I picked up at IKEA in San Diego before we left. I still have to get a few more items to complete the furniture needed but more on that later. I will try to include some before and after pictures today. My laptop decided to quit on me and so now I have to get my hard drive out of it and take it somewhere to get my files off of it. Any suggestions on where to go? As for the laptop, it is not worth fixing since it will cost the same as a new one. If I don't get the pictures today I will them posted tomorrow, check back!

No comments:

Post a Comment