Our view

Our view

Wednesday, October 8, 2014

And It Rained!

It has been a really long time since Tim and I have seen this much rain. Actually the last time we saw this much rain was in Jacksonville last winter. We were there for about six weeks and it rained most of the time we were there. Then we spent the spring and summer in dry California. It has been raining here at the farm since Monday afternoon. There have been a couple of short breaks in the rain but mostly it has been raining. Tim worked in the Crafty Cottage putting together my new desk and painting my workbench while I worked on some Christmas cards, yes I said Christmas cards, for my sister's SAS in November. The card samples need to be done early so supplies can be ordered in time to get things ready for her event. Last year, at this time, Pam and I were in full swing working on Christmas items for the Rubba Sister Fall Festival. This year the Rubba Sistas elected to do a Spring Fling instead of the Fall Fest. I have been working on Christmas items for over a month now anyway. Crafters are like retailers, they have to start the holidays early. I can't show you what I have been working on because it is for my sister's SAS but it took all day. After Tim was done and there was a break in the rain I went to see the desk and workbench and they look great. Thank you Tim for all of the work you have done, on your own, these last few days on the cottage. I really do appreciate it. Today I am going to continue my card making while Tim hangs up shelves and some other things for the cottage. I may even get electricity in the cottage soon. When that happens then I get to begin moving all of my craft stuff into it, YAY!!! I have posted some pictures of the furniture in the cottage. Everything I want in it is going to fit just perfectly. There is not going to be a lot of floor space with the furniture but it will be perfect for me!

No comments:

Post a Comment