Our view

Our view

Friday, October 3, 2014

The Crafty Cottage Has Wood Floors!

Tim and I spent all morning, yesterday, laying the wood floor for the Crafty Cottage. We chose a laminate floor that is click and lock; no nails or glue necessary. We have never laid a wood floor before and when we put wood floors in our home we hired someone to do it. So, we read the instructions, double checked to make sure we had everything we needed and we got started. We laid the foam out of the floor then began with the floor. Thanks George for giving us a few tips. Had he not stopped by we would have set up the floor incorrectly. We re-read the directions and got busy. After the first few boards were laid we got into a pattern and the floor only took about an hour to put down. Because we had to notched the floor to go around the door jam and a couple of posts it took some time but we got it done and it looks GREAT! I like the lighter color of the floor which is helping keep the cottage light. After lunch George and Tim cut up the trim for the floor trim. All we have to do now is paint the trim and put it on and the cottage will be done, YAY! I have to get some more white paint today when I go grocery shopping so we will get busy, maybe this afternoon, painting. This week, thanks to my sister Pam, I received several packages in the mail. I am helping her with her November SAS and will be designing 5 of her 10 cards. She sent me the stamp sets and supplies I may need to do so; Thanks Pam! It is suppose to rain today which will make it a good time to begin working on some cards. Tomorrow we are attending our first local event; the Newport Harvest Festival. There will be crafts, food and entertainment. I have always enjoyed attending the Fall Festival in Orange Park so I am looking forward to attending Newports. I found out that for the next 6 weeks the surrounding towns are having the same festivals so for the next few week ends we will be busy attending each of them. I love Fall!

No comments:

Post a Comment