Our view

Our view

Saturday, October 4, 2014

Carver's Apple Orchard and Applehouse Restaurant

The day started with dark clouds and some rain and so we decided not to work in the cottage. Lisa and I went grocery shopping and ran errands. We did visit Carver's Apple Orchard. Now I have heard about this place from several people since I have been here in Tennessee so I was happy to go and check it out. The road signs leading to their entrance advertises apples, apple pies, pumkins, watermelon, etc. We turned in and followed the road to the parking lot where there was a big barn. The barn is full of produce, jams and jellies, honey,etc. Most of the produce is apples, they carry over 100 varieties, but there was also fresh tomatoes, varieties of squash and pumpkins, onions and potatoes. We looked around the barn and then got hungry so we had lunch at the Applehouse. The restaurant serves fresh apple cider and apple fritters with apple butter to every table. It was all really good. We ordered lunch and our table faced one of the apple orchards. The trees that we could see while we were eating were still full of apples. After lunch we went shopping and after sampling some apples I chose a bag of Ambrosia apples; so good! The produce prices were really good. Fresh large tomoatoes only a $1.00 a pound (at Walmart they were $1.97 a pound). I looked at all the jams and jellies, canned goods, honey and the basket shop. After we purchased our goodies we decided to get some fried apple pies for Tim and George. I am really glad I visited Carver's Apple Orchard and Applehouse Restaurant. Thanks Lisa for taking me there. If you are in the eastern Tennessee area March through December visit Carver's. Good produce, good prices and friendly people!

No comments:

Post a Comment