Our view

Our view

Sunday, October 12, 2014

Parrottsville's Heritage Day

It was a rainy day yesterday and we were suppose to go to Parrotsville Heritage Day and we figured the event was probably canceled due to the rain. The rain finally stopped around noon so Lisa and I drove to Parrottsville and Heritage Day was going on. Last week we went to the Newport Harvest festival and it was okay but I was happily surprised at Heritage Day. There were a lot of vendors, almost all crafts, demonstations of what life was like when Parrottsville began, civial war soldiers, both North and South, live bands and some pretty good food vendors. Why was I surprised? Newport is a much bigger town than Parrottsville and so I thought it would be a bigger event but it wasn't. This was Parrottsville's 15th Annual Heritage Day and it was held at Parrott-Larue-Myers Park. The park sits between the main road in Parrottsville and a creek. It is very well laid out. The crafts were really nice. There was a lot of local artists at the event and I started my Christmas shopping for "someone". Lisa also did some Christmas shopping. We had lunch while we were there and it was really a good price. Lisa and I split a lunch which consisted of 2 hotdogs, fries and 2 sodas for $6.00. It was pretty good. I also bought a Pumpkin Roll for dessert after dinner last night and that was really good; I wish I had bought a second one. It was a great day and it was sunny while we were there but after we left the skies opened up again and it began to pour. In the last two weeks we have visited Newport's Harvest Festival and Parrottsville's Heritage Day. Next week we head to Cosby for their fall festival. Two fall fests down four to go! I love Fall!

No comments:

Post a Comment