Our view

Our view

Friday, October 10, 2014

Sausage and Bean Slow Cooker Dinner

I tried another new recipe in my Crock Pot and it was good. Lately, I have tried to change things up for meals and I have been searching for new recipes to make. There is one small factor that comes into play with new recipes. The ingredients that we will eat and the difficulty. Tim and I do not like seafood and are not big on a lot of veggies which makes it hard sometimes to fine a recipe will work. Well, I found one and it was good; Sausag and Bean slow cooker dinner. It is a hearty meal and would be excellent on cooler days. Try it, I think you will like it! Sausage and Bean Slow Cooker Dinner Ingredients: 1 Tablespoon Vegetable Oil (I used cannola oil) 1 pound sausage links (fresh not already cooked) 1 onion, chopped 12 oz beef stock 1 (14 oz) can of tomatos 2 Tablespoons tomato puree 1 Tablespoon hot sauce (optional) 4 carrots cut in chunks 1 (14 oz) can Navy Beans - drained 1 (14 oz) can of kidney beans or black beans (I used both) - drained Seasonings (I used season salt, cavendars, salt, pepper, garlic powder and onion powder Instuctuions: 1. In a skillet heat oil and cook sausages until brown. 2. Add chopped onions to the cooked sausages until brown. 3. Remove sausages and cut into 1 1/4 inch pieces 4. Pour beef stock,tomatoes,seasonings and hot sauce into the cooked onion and bring to a simmer 5. In Slow Cooker place the sliceds of carrots on the bottom followed by the beans. 6. place link sausage pieces next 7. Pour the sauce from the skillet over the carrots, beans and links. 8. Cover and cook on low 4-6 hours ( the longer the better) Serve with a salad and bread. It you try this recipe let me know what you think about it. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment