Our view

Our view

Wednesday, April 6, 2016

The Recovery Has Begun

I am out of the hospital and back home on the farm.  I was well taken care of during my stay in Fort Sanders Regional Medical Center in Knoxville but now that I am home Tim gets that fun!  So far, he has been great.  It won't be too tough since the next couple of days I am not suppose to do anything.  After that I just have to take care of the incision on my throat and not lift anything heavy.  I am pretty sure I can do that.  The pain is not too bad so that is a plus!  There is one thing that we are waiting to see what happens and that is involving my voice.  My understanding is that when removing the parathyroid a nerve from my voice box had grown around it so when removing it there may have been some damage to the nerve but we will have to wait and see.  Right now I have a voice and the Dr. was very glad to hear me speak.  With time and healing it will get better. I am sure of that!  Thanks again for all the prayers and good thoughts.

No comments:

Post a Comment