Our view

Our view

Friday, April 29, 2016

My Mom's Meatballs

I know everyone has their favorite meatballs and mine are the ones I make using my mom's recipe.  It is a super easy recipe and it is good.  I am not sure where she got the recipe and since I don't know the origin I simply call it my mom's meatballs.  The best part of the recipe is the milk gravy I  make with the drippings.  I like to serve my meatballs with mashed potatoes and corn as a side dish.  It is a good combination.
Ingredients:
1 -2 pounds of ground beef
I egg
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon pepper
1 tablespoon of minced onion
1 tablespoon of shortening or olive oil
2 Tablespoons of flour
1-2 cups of milk
Directions:
Place ground beef in a large bowl and add the egg, salt, pepper and minced onion- mix it together.
In a pan pour 1 tablespoon of olive oil in a skillet and heat it up.
Roll the ground beef into 2 inch balls and place them in the skillet.  Cook until meat is done.  Remove the meatballs and save 2 tablespoons of grease and add 2 tablespoons of flour to the grease and mix until creating a rue. Add milk a little at a time and cook until it thickens.  This will serve 4 to 6 people.  Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment