Our view

Our view

Wednesday, April 13, 2016

Dixie Darlin

We took a little trip to Knoxville and then to Pigeon Forge.  We went to Knoxville for my follow up appointment with my surgeon who removerd my parathyroid.  I am healing well in the neck but my voice could take up to 9 months to recover if it will recover.  Time will tell.
After the appointment we headed to Pigeon Forge to do a little shopping.  George and Lisa wanted to get some shoes and they were told by our neighbors of a store that had good deals.  It was in a Tangers mall so we did a little window shopping too!
After that we drove to the Dixie Darlin, a needle works store.  I have seen their advertisement in a cross stitch magazine I read and I have been wanting to go check it out.  I am glad I did; what a great store.  My other hobby, besides paper crafting, is cross stitch.  It is not a popular craft right now so finding new things is getting tougher especially in the craft stores.  I have found my cross stitch Mecca in Pigeon Forge.  It is a great store with a friendly staff and lots to look at.  It is well organized and has a lots of choices.  I may have even gotten Lisa interested in it.  Anyway, I bought a couple of booklets so I have plenty of creating to do!
We finished our little trip by stopping to eat at Ruby Tuesday.  It is the one national chain restaurant that Newport has and we frequent a lot.  Yesterday was their birthday, 44 years in the business, and they sent out a special email coupon for their email subscribers that was a good coupon; 44% off your total bill.  So even though we had great restaurants to choose from to eat in Knoxville and Pigeon Forge we returned to Newport to take advantage of the coupon.  All in all, it was a good day!

No comments:

Post a Comment