Our view

Our view

Monday, June 15, 2015

The Dogwood Tree

Every time I go to Silver Dollar City in Branson, MO I see something new and even though I was at Silver Dollar City (SDC) two months ago I came across something about the Dogwood tree that I never heard.  I think it is sweet and so I thought I would share it with you. 
According to the Legend of the Dogwood once grew as  a tall, straight tree but when the Dogwood was used to make the Cross.  Jesus was so moved that He promised the tree would never again grow large enough to be used for such a purpose.  It is said the bracts of the Dogwood flower resemble the Cross and bear the marks of the Crucifixion.  The red leaves in the fall have been associated with the Savior's Blood. 
Now I know that this may just be a legend or story but what I find refreshing is that an amusement park is still willing to have things like this in the park; especially now a days.  Silver Dollar City does honor  God, Country and family and it is kind of nice to step back and enjoy and appreciate what made this Country.

No comments:

Post a Comment