Our view

Our view

Monday, June 22, 2015

The Crafty Cottage Gets Reorganized

Being back in the Crafty Cottage, my craft room which is a cottage, is being home.  If you don't know about the Crafty Cottage let me give you a brief history.  When we were given the opportunity from George and Lisa to stay at the farm George had some extra building material and used it to build a 12 ft x 8 ft building.  The first thing we did when we got to the farm was to work on the building to create my Crafty Cottage.  We painted the outside, put up trim and eaves and inside we insulted wall, ceiling and floor and put up a tongue and groove ceiling, paneling on the walls and put down the wood floor.  All, except the floors, were completed with recycled wood.  We then used repurposed furniture in the Crafty Cottage but did buy the desk - a dining table from IKEA, a work bench - a floor sample from Home Depot and a desk chair - a 50 % percent sale at Staples.  I was thinking storage so I utilized cabinets, storage units and shelving units as storage.  Tim even converted a ribbon rack into a punch and ribbon organizer. 
So, after all that, why would I have to reorganize the Crafty Cottage? It was because I had a whole bunch of new stuff.  So the stamp shelves were redone and more room was made.  The ribbon and punch organizer was reorganized and moved the retired items out and the new items a home.  All of the storage under the workbench (Designer scrapbook paper) was reorganized and cleaned up and all the cardstock was totally reorganized.  Now that I am done I can begin to work on door prizes for my sister Pam's next Stamp and Stack (SAS).  I have some ideas and a whole bunch of new stuff to play with.  Check out the pictures and see what I have done.

No comments:

Post a Comment