Our view

Our view

Monday, August 8, 2016

A Quiet Olympic Watching Day

It was a quiet day and one I enjoyed because not only did I get some things done around the house but I got to watch all of the Olympic coverage.  This may seem to be a waste of time for some but for me it gives me the opportunity to see sports I would not get to watch and learn about the world.  The human interest stories are always good.  Now, if you have been watching any of the coverage on NBC you may have seen the road races for the men on Saturday and the women on Sunday.  First of all, WOW, they do cover some miles and terrain but the biggest thing were the crashes.  Yesterday I got to experience the thrill of victory and the agony of defeat.  Watching the women's road cycling and feeling so happy for the USA having a rider in the front then watching the number one rider crash and crash hard.  It was scary because after she fell she did not move; you knew she was hurt when you saw her fall.  Our USA rider was on her own and almost won until three other riders worked together and had more energy at the end then our USA rider. Team USA is going well and lead in the medal count so far.  GO TEAM USA!

No comments:

Post a Comment