Our view

Our view

Friday, June 10, 2016

The Japanese Beetles Are Back

Just as we find out about one pest, the jumping cow, another has shown up at the farm.  The Japanese Beetle.  Last year the beetle played havoc on several of the crops and was somewhat controlled by an insecticide, Sevin Dust.  Well the Japanese beetle is back and so George is going to war against them.  He will be facing the first battle this morning armed with several containers of Seven Dust he is planning on dusting them away from the orchard.  The sevin dust does work I just have to careful because I discovered last year that I an allergic to the sevin dust so it will be long sleeves and gloves for me while harvesting down in the orchard.  I am okay with that so George, Dust Away!
Now that Rory is on the mend Tim has returned to the farm.  I will be going back after the week end.  Until then I will continue to rely on Tim and George for reports about the farm. 

No comments:

Post a Comment