Our view

Our view

Sunday, June 19, 2016

Happy Father's Day and Grilling Day

Happy Father's Day to all of the Father's out there! I would like to take this opportunity to wish a very Happy Father's Day to Tim who is a wonderful Father and Grandfather aka Bumpa to our girls Carrie, Jenny and our Rory. We love you very much and could not ask for a better dad and Bumpa.  Also to my son in law Nate who is a great Dad to Rory. Last and not least I would like to send these wishes up to heaven to my two dads, Warren Colley who was a great dad until he passed away when I was seven and to Edward Winship who became my step dad when I was 10 and raised me as his own. Happy Father's Day!
Last night we had our first dinner using the veggies we harvested from the garden.  Lisa sliced up some zucchini and yellow squashes and marinated with a garlic infusion oil then put some cavendars on it.  Her mom bought her a grilling pan and so Tim used it on the grill to cook the mixture.  It was delicious. Lisa also cooked the few peas we picked.  There was just enough for the four of us to have a spoonful and all I can say is that spoonful had the best tasting peas I have ever had.  It put the frozen and canned peas to shame, wow!  We grilled burgers last night and we ate out on the deck at George and Lisa's.  There was a nice breeze that kept us cool and the bugs away.  It was a nice evening with good food and friend and we will be doing it again today in celebration for Father's Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment