Our view

Our view

Saturday, December 10, 2016

I Hate Ladybugs Right Now

I know lady bugs are cute and harmless unless they are Asian Lady Bugs.  Asian Lady bugs are orange with black spots and are great during the Spring and Summer months where they are outside eating aphids.  They were introduced in our country in 1916 and now are all over the world.  In the Fall and Winter months these lady bugs look for warm places to live and they especially like light southern exposure areas...like my Crafty Cottage.  I was gone when they first infested my Crafty Cottage and now I am fighting the battle with hundreds of lady bugs everyday.  Did you know lady bugs bite and they also dive bomb you?  I battle them everyday.  My day begins with sweeping up several hundred off my floor, work bench, desk, etc.  While I work they dive bomb me, they crawl all over the place and they smell.  I heard burning a lemon scented candle and sweeping them up help control them.  So it that is the case I think I will also start wearing lemon scented lotion and body spray.  I hate lady bugs right now!

No comments:

Post a Comment