Our view

Our view

Friday, July 15, 2016

Sunflowers In Knoxville

Last Sunday I saw a post in Facebook about  Sunflower fields in Knoxville.  My daughter Jenny loves Sunflowers, it was her wedding flowers, and because of her I have learned to like sunflowers.  So now that I have an opportunity to go see some fields I wanted to make sure I took advantage of it.  I asked Lisa if she was interested and we also invited our neighbor Cheryl and her sister Janet.  We went yesterday to check out the fields.  There is a field in south Knoxville that is owned but TWRA, Tennessee Wildlife Resources Agency and it is in a Wildlife Management area.  It was originally planted more than 15 years ago to attract doves, bees and butterflies but now the TWRA says it is also attracting happy people.  July is the best month to visit the fields of sunflowers.  When we got to the fields it was raining so we waited it out and I am glad we did.  We only waited a few minutes but the rain also worked to our advantage in chasing some people away.  There are 5 fields of Sunflowers and it was great to be amongst the tall sunflowers.  It was fun to see something so rural in the city of Knoxville.  If you are ever in Knoxville in July check out the fields; it does make you happy.
After we left the fields of sunflowers we headed to Puello's Grill for lunch.  It is a favorite restaurant with good food.  We had a nice lunch then headed back to Parrottsville.  Thanks Lisa, Cheryl and Janet for joining me on our little advantage.  We will do another advantage soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment