Our view

Our view

Saturday, July 30, 2016

More Tomato Fun And Pickles Too

We had some more fun playing with tomatoes yesterday.  We made 9 quarts of Pasta sauce and then we made some really delicious salsa.  I cannot handle really spicy food and most of the salsas I try are too spicy for me.  Last year Lisa made salsa but could only get medium heat which was way too spicy for me.  This year we found a mix that we did not know the spice level but I am happy to report that it was mild and the salsa has a really great flavor.  Once again I am not a fan of the fresh tomato and the fact that I got to pulverize the tomatoes for the salsa was disgusting due to the fact that I had tomato all over my hands, yuck, but I did it and it was worth it. 
The Pickle Queens were back and we got to taste our bread & butter sandwich slices that we made last week and they really were good.  So we decided to made some more.  Over all yesterday we made 10 pints of salsa and 13 pints of bread and butter sandwich slices.  I have updated the total on pickles but I am pretty sure we are reaching the 200 jar mark.  It was a good day!

No comments:

Post a Comment