Our view

Our view

Thursday, July 14, 2016

I Hate Gnats!

I HATE GNATS!  Yes I do especially after yesterday.  I was attacked by gnats as I was planting beets.  It was a vicious attack and they truly were out for blood and got it.  A gnat is a tiny flying insect that are usually in swarms and for the most part are just annoying.  From what I read it is only the female gnat that bites.  For the most part, the males just swarm.  Well let's just say that female gnats are mean and if I could I would personally get rid of each one.  We had gone down to harvest and I wore my typical long sleeve tshirt, shorts, gloves and rubber boots.  The only skin that was exposed were my face and knees.  Well it was the back of my knees that were attacked and now all those bites are driving me nuts.  I have welts all over my legs and they itch like crazy.  I took a Benadryl and put Benadryl cream on the welts and it helps but I get really drowsy.  After researching how to treat the bites I am already doing it.  Ok, enough complaining.  We did get a good harvest and yes we made some more pickles.  So, even with the bites, we were still productive and even tried a new recipe usually zucchini but...I still Hate Gnats!

No comments:

Post a Comment