Our view

Our view

Friday, February 3, 2017

Award Shows

We are now in the middle of the Award shows season and any one who knows me knows I love watching them all.  I am a huge fan and I usually look forward to them but this year I have been so disappointed.  Due to the political rants and raves of most of the celebrities I have been unable to enjoy them.  I realize that everyone is allowed freedom of speech but really why do so many celebrities think we care about their political opinion?  We like celebrities for what they do not their political beliefs.  The sad thing is they get to share their political opinions on a huge televised stage that is not related as to why they are there.  I really don't need to hear that they hate something President Trump is doing while accepting an award for their performance in a movie or tv show.  I made it through the Golden Globes, but had to turn off The People's choice and the SAG awards.  I am very leery about The Grammys and the Oscars and even the Super Bowl may not be exempt. So celebrities please just thank the people who helped you get the award, your family and God and leave it at that.  I just want to enjoy the award shows again.

No comments:

Post a Comment