Our view

Our view

Tuesday, February 21, 2017

A Sunday Dinner Relived

When I was growing up we always had a big Sunday dinner after Church.  Since we had such a big dinner on Sunday afternoons Sunday night dinner would be light.  For years we had Popcorn and Apples.  Now that may sound like a strange combination but it is a delicious combination.  I remember eating it for Sunday night dinner since I was watching Lassie and  Ed Sullivan as a little girl.  Bonanza would have been next but I was too young to stay up that late to watch it.  It was a Sunday night tradition for years and last night my sister Pam and I relived it and had it for dinner.  It brought back so many memories and when I text a picture to my brother Craig he named the same shows I did growing up.  It's funny how a little thing like Popcorn and Apples can mean so much and bring back so many memories.  Also, how popping popcorn has changed through all those years.  We went from stove top in a pan that you had to shake the whole time to electric popcorn poppers, to air poppers to popping the popcorn in the microwave.  Even with all the those changes it still makes for a great light supper.  I am not sure who started the tradition but I am thinking it came from the Colley side of the family because I remember eating it with my Grandma Colley when I would stay with her.  Try the combo sometime; I think you will like it!

No comments:

Post a Comment