Our view

Our view

Thursday, February 4, 2016

Organizing Paper

As a Rubber Stamper I have a lot of different materials I work with but the basic materials for rubber stamping is stamps, ink and paper.  These basic items come in all sorts of images, colors and types that good organization of the materials is needed.  I have great storage for my stamp sets and inks but I could not settle on how to keep my paper organized but I have finally figured out a system; a file cabinet.  I "borrowed" the idea from my sister Pam who has been using file cabinets for quite some time now.  I thought my system was just fine until I was working in her craft room for so long and realized that her paper organization was perfect.  It was easy to find the color you wanted, all neatly kept and right where you were working; it was perfect.  So when Tim and I went to Walmart Sunday we had no intentions on getting a file cabinet but they were on sale and Tim remembered me telling him I wanted one.  I picked a white file cabinet, to coordinate with the other furnishings in the Crafty Cottage, and some file folders.  When we got back to the farm on Sunday I worked on making a place for the file cabinet which also forced me to get better organized in the Crafty Cottage too.  Yesterday I worked on organizing the paper and now my file system is complete and my paper it organized and ready for me to get busy again.  Yay!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment