Our view

Our view

Monday, July 6, 2015

Freezing Corn On The Cob

Did you know you can freeze fresh corn on the cob?  I did not but I learned all about it when I was at Walmart buying corn on the cob.  It was on sale 5 for $1.00 and it was the mixed white and yellow corn called either butter corn or sugar corn.  So I bought 10 ears knowing that Tim and I could easily eat them before they spoiled.  As I was checking out the cashier told me that you can freeze fresh corn on the cob and then proceeded to tell me how.  According to the cashier all you have to do is shuck the corn, husks and silks.  Wash it and let it dry then when the corn is dry put the corn on the cob in a zip lock bag and place it in the freezer.  So, I did just that.  Later I research it freezing corn on the cob on the internet and found out that most people blanch it but that yes indeed you can just freeze the corn.  So, I have 8 ears of corn in the freezer and two in the fridge waiting for Tim and I to eat them.  I will let you know how the frozen corn on the cob tastes when I get it out of the freezer.  I think tonight Tim and I will have corn on the cob for dinner, yum!

No comments:

Post a Comment