Our view

Our view

Wednesday, July 29, 2015

Christmas In July And Dinner

Last week my sister Pam surprised me with a couple of presents that I like to call Christmas in July.  Pam spoiled my by sending me a Rice Cooker and Steamer and a Bluetooth speaker.  Something that I have wanted and would eventually of gotten for myself.  It was a wonderful surprise especially since they were two items I really wanted.  We used the Bluetooth and synced it with the DISH Hopper and listened to SIRRUS outside while eating dinner with George and Lisa  a couple of nights ago.  It was nice to have music with dinner.
Last night I got to use my rice cooker.  About a month ago our neighbors Reg and Cheryl invited us to their house for a BBQ and we have wanted to reciprocate and we finally did.  I made my Cheesy Chicken crockpot meal that is served over rice.  I wanted to use sticky rice, aka glutenous rice aka about 12 other names, but finding it in eastern Tennessee is tough.  I decided to use sushi rice instead and I cooked it in the rice cooker.  It turned out great.  We held the dinner at Lisa and George's because they have more room.  I made my family's "orange goo dip" and Lisa made some incredible cucumber cups, (recipe for both in a later blog) for appetizers.  We then had the cheesy chicken over rice served with green beans from the garden, creamy cucumber salad and bread.  All were delicious. Cheryl had brought gooey brownies for dessert.  Dinner was a great success and we all had a nice evening together.  Thanks George and Lisa and Reg and Cheryl for a nice evening; we will do it again very soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment