Our view

Our view

Monday, July 13, 2015

And The Crops Just Keep On Coming

Yup, this is another blog about harvesting the crops.  Well, it is just another day at the farm.  I am the official blueberry picker and so far I have managed to get blueberries every time we go down to the orchard to check the crops.  The zucchini and yellow squash have slowed down but the tomatoes and cucumbers are sill growing well.  I have been fortunate enough to enjoy a homegrown cucumber every day and all I can say is that they are delicious.  I have sliced and froze the zucchini and yellow squash I was given to use at a later time.  Tim picked some more green beans.  We had some green beans from the garden a couple of days ago and they were probably the best green beans I have ever had.  George and Tim picked a ton of grapes that Lisa is going to use to make grape jelly.  The kiwi are coming along a long with the watermelon, cantaloupe and pumpkins.  There is also one huge butternut squash that if it keeps growing will become a contender for the world's largest butternut squash.  So, it was another successful harvesting and just another day at the farm.

No comments:

Post a Comment