Our view

Our view

Thursday, March 5, 2015

The Wasp War

I have waged a war against wasps the insects not White Anglo Saxon Protestants.  From the time the Crafty Cottage was built it has had a wasp issue.  We were able to keep it under control while we finished up the inside but once everything was enclosed there was one area with  a thin gap that we missed.   Well we now know that wasps have built a nest in the one area and  I have been waging war with the wasps.  With the cold weather it was maybe two or three wasps a day.  Not so much yesterday.  I killed at 40 to 50 wasps and swept  about 15 to 20 out the door.  Now I have a lot of respect for nature and I am not a person to kill bugs unless they come inside.  That is when they become fair game.  Tim has closed up the gap and I think the wasps are trying to escape their nest and since they can no longer access from outside they are leaving it through my cottage.  Yesterday was our first warm day (74 degrees) but it is short lived and it is cold again and we are expecting snow.   So who is going to win the war?  I won today's battle but I know there will be more.  If, by the time we leave on our trip, I am still having issues we will bomb the cottage right before we leave and again when we get back.  The war is not over but I am hoping to be victorious soon.
Tim and George worked on George's new old truck yesterday and it is running pretty good now.  After working on the truck Tim put side trim on the golf cart.  That is one step closer to getting the cart going.  Check back and see how the wasp war is going. Maybe we need another freeze, brrr!

No comments:

Post a Comment