Our view

Our view

Friday, March 20, 2015

Making An Easter Cross

About a month ago my sister Pam sent me instructions on how to make a paper Easter cross.  I thought it was really pretty and showed it to Lisa; she liked it too.  I was planning on using cardboard to make the cross but when we were at Dollar Tree the other day I saw a perfect cross we could use to make the Easter Cross so we both bought one.  Yesterday was a nasty cold rainy day which made it a perfect day to work in the Crafty Cottage.  So we started around 11:00 and by 1:00 we both made a beautiful Easter Cross. To make the cross we used the cross purchased or cardboard to make one.  Then we had to choose about four sheets of scrapbook paper,  I have a lot of scrapbook paper, that we then cut into 1 inch x 4 inch strips.  We used a hot glue gun to make the strips into loops then hot glued them on the cross.  When all four sides of the cross were covered I used card stock to finish the middle of the crosses.   The cross we purchased at Dollar Tree was bigger than the one given on the directions but all we had to do is cut more paper.  It was a very easy project to do and only cost us about $2,00 each.  The Easter Crosses turned out great and we had fun making them.  Good job Lisa, I am going to make you a crafter after all!

No comments:

Post a Comment