Our view

Our view

Saturday, January 27, 2018

Fighting The Bugs

There is a battle going on in the Crafty Cottage and it deals with one of the most loved bugs Lady Bugs.  I use to think lady bugs were so cute and harmless until I came to Tennessee and met the lady bugs here.  These Tennessee lady bugs are mean, smelling, annoying and the bite.  From about April through October these lady bugs are outside doing their thing.  Once November hits they decide to come inside and become a major problem.  Because the Crafty Cottage was empty for a few months while I was in Florida it became a haven for the lady bugs and since I have been back I have dealt the the mess they create.  First there is the smell and it is awful.  Since it is cold out and I am working in the Crafty Cottage I cannot air it out by opening the window and the door.  So, I burn a candle ALL the time I am in the Crafty Cottage.  I sweep up daily and clean up the nasty brown lines they leave behind.  This goes on everyday then, while I am working, I am constantly getting rid of the lady bugs as they decide to dive bomb my head of land on what I am working on or with.  Like I said, we battle everyday and this will continue until April.  I hate lady bugs!

No comments:

Post a Comment