Our view

Our view

Friday, August 29, 2014

The Mail Run

The mail run has to be planned daily.  Our mail box is a mile and a half away down a very long country road that has some pretty good hills.  The reason I say it has to be planned is because you don't want to make that hike just to get there and discover the mail hasn't come yet.  Luckily the mail lady here is pretty good at delivering the mail around the same time daily which makes it easier to know when to go check the mail.  Yesterday I knew I was getting a package from my sister that was not going to fit in the mail box.  Now normally I know the package will be left at my door but here on the farm that does not happen.  So how do I get my package with out having to go to the post office to pick it up the net day?  Well here on the farm the surrounding neighbors have set up a system so that packages will be left at a selected farm and we can pick the package up from that farm.  It makes it handier than running into town the next day.  It works and I do want to thank my neighbor Cheryl for being at the mail box when the mail was delivered and so she brought me the box; thanks Cheryl!  So, after lunch Tim and I drove down to get our mail. Now you may be wondering why we BOTH went to get the mail so let me tell you why.  We have not had our own address in four years, due to our travels, so it was a little bit of a big deal to us to get the mail yesterday.  Yup, it doesn't take much to make us happy! 
Today DISH Internet is coming to set up our service.  After four years of using our Verizon Mifi we are having to go with a different service because Verizon does not get a good signal here.  We are hoping DISHNET will work better.  Once we are set up I should be able to post more pictures of the farm.  Check back and see if it is going to work!

No comments:

Post a Comment