Our view

Our view

Wednesday, January 4, 2017

The Knit Hat Ornament

I know that Christmas is over but there are still some people that have their Christmas decorations up so technically Christmas is not over...yet!  This year I found a new ornament to make and it was a very fun and easy one to do.  All I needed is some yarn, a toilet paper or paper towel roll and some cotton balls. Making the ornament was easy.  All I had to do is cut about 35 to 40 strands of yarn about 14 inches each. I then cut a 1 inch ring from the toilet/paper towel roll.  I began by looping and the piece of yarn around the tube and by making knot then continued until the whole ring was covered.  I then pushed the yarn through and gathered it, tied a piece of yarn around the gathered yarn then cut the excess and stuffed a couple of cotton balls into the hat!  It take about 15 minutes from start to finish and it was a great gift item.  I hope the ones who received them likes them!

No comments:

Post a Comment