Our view

Our view

Friday, December 8, 2017

Things ARE Happening At The Farm

After a week hiatus Just Another Day At The Farm is back and starting with a contributing editor, George Francisco.  I received post below this morning and will add pictures as soon as my ipad stops acting up.  Here is today's post:

The "Moat (err....Drainage) Project" has begun!!!

With the start of another day , (chilly,  I might add) the last "infrastructure project " had began.

The first part of the project was the grading of the RV pad along with the installation of the new split rail posts which will surround the pad.

Step two of the project was the removal of a number of old tree stumps from an area alongside of Quail Way so the area can be graded and prepared for future mowing.

On to one of the biggest parts of the project- the digging of the "moat" around the house.  Actually, the digging is for the installation of new French drains to redirect water away from the house along with installation of new electrical service/connections in various places around the house site.  I am happy to report that only minor damage was created with the digging even though the digging crossed major septic lines, electric lines and water lines.
Day two of the project starts today.......

Thanks George, we look forward to further updates from you.  I did visit with Lisa; she is in Jacksonville visiting for a week. She came by Jenny's house to pick up something and give me my Birthday present.  I will report on my gift tomorrow as it is really cool and deserves it's own post. Thanks Lisa, it was great to see you after two months and to get caught up with all that is going on.
Check back tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment