Our view

Our view

Sunday, May 1, 2016

The Blueberries Get Sawdusted

George and Lisa were busy getting a couple of truckloads of sawdust to spread over the blueberry beds.  Sawdust is a common material used when planting or maintaining blueberry beds because it helps cover and protect the roots of the plant, maintains moisture for the plant and helps with nutrients for poor soil.  Unfortunately now that. housing markets are down sawdust is harder to come by and not free.  They still have three more loads to go to complete the bed.  Great job George and Lisa.
I was looking forward to helping with the planting but it will be a bit of a delay for me.  I had an accident over the week end and sprained my ankle.  Because of the swelling and pain level we went to the ER to check it out. At that time the Dr said there were no broken bones.  Last night I got a call from the same ER Doc who informed me that I did break a bone in my foot.  I have an appointment with an orthopedic surgeon on Monday.  WooHoo!

No comments:

Post a Comment